Email us at email@example.com for an application form.
Annual membership fee is GBP Sterling £25.00 payable through PayPal
Annual membership runs for 12 months from time of fee payment.
CRITERIA FOR APPLICATION
Please submit copies of items 1 – 6 and the completed SAFE Professionals Form to firstname.lastname@example.org or post to the address on the form.
1. Copies Equine Facilitated or Assisted Training qualifications equivalent to RQF levels 5 - 7 of certified training and hours logs of supervised practice.
Level 5 is the equivalent to Foundation Degree
Level 6 is the equivalent to Undergraduate Degree
Level 7 is the equivalent to Masters/Post Graduate
4. Copy of equine facilitated or assisted professional indemnity insurance.
2. Copies membership of a recognised professional body for your area of practice e.g. counselling, psychotherapy, human development, coaching, business consultancy etc.
3. Completed SAFE Professionals Form evidencing supervision of Equine Facilitated or Assisted practice of at least one hour per month for each month for which practice is Equine Facilitated or Assisted practice is undertaken.
5. Completed SAFE Professionals Form evidencing 30 Equine Facilitated or Assisted Continuing Professional Development (CPD).
a) As a professional you have a responsibility to keep your skills and knowledge up to date. The Professional Associations Research Network defines CPD as, 'any process or activity that provides added value to the capability of the professional through the increase in knowledge, skills and personal qualities necessary for the appropriate execution of professional and technical duties, often termed competence'.
b) CPD must be at least 30 hours per year and can be anything from reading a book about your profession and making brief summary notes of learning/evaluation on the CPD form to taking a full diploma in another Equine modality.
6. Signed Completed SAFE Professionals Form agreeing to adhere to the Standards for Assisted and Facilitated Equine Professionals code of care for equines.
BENEFITS OF MEMBERSHIP
Use of the SAFE Professionals logo on your website and all marketing materials.
Stand out as a qualified and insured Equine Facilitated or Assisted practitioner.
Generate more business by being listed in the SAFE Professionals Directory.
Have a direct link from the directory to your website.
List your details including all relevant specialist qualifications.
Endorse and support the need for standards of training within the field of Equine Facilitated and Assisted Professionals.
Access to contribute to and use the SAFE Professional Evidence Based Research Data to verify efficacy and outcomes.